2021 Duo Classic Response to COVID-19 Risk
What is the Duo Classic planning in response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
The Duo Classic Events Team will refer to several resources in the planning and response to the COVID-19 risk and will actively introduce procedures and protocols to mitigate the COVID-19 risk.
- https://www.covid19.act.gov.au – for up-to-date information
- https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert – for advice, facts, and general messaging to staff and participants
- https://auscycling.org.au/page/covid-19-resource-centre for relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The Duo Classic Events Team will:
- Conduct a thorough risk assessment and implement COVID-19 risk mitigation strategies and
- Observe the Australian Government Department of Health’s advice:
– Maintain good hand hygiene before, during & after activity
– Keep your distance – where possible, maintain at least 1.5m physical distancing / one person per two square metres of useable space.
– Stay home if unwell and get tested
– Check in with the ‘CBR Check In’ app for contact tracing
– Monitor travel advice
Our priority is to ensure that we all remain safe and adhere to the current regulations. The Duo Classic will take the following additional steps to mitigate the risk of COVID-19:
On the day of each event, a COVID SAFE Officer will be appointed to ensure that all attendees comply with the current restrictions and adhere to current social distancing regulations while at the event (including before and after racing).
- Where an attendee fails to comply, they will be asked to leave the event.
- Advise all attendees not to attend if they are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Accept on-line entries prior to the event – on-the-day entries are discouraged but accepted.
- Registration and number plate pick-up will be set-up to ensure maintenance of current physical distancing rules
- Hand sanitiser will be freely available at the venue
- Review entry list in the week prior to the event for any entrants in current hotspots and cancel entry
- Provide video rider briefing (if required)
- COVID-19 Declaration to be completed by all pre-registered participants and staff in the 24 hours prior to the event. A link to the COVID Declaration will be sent out via text message 24 hours prior to each event.
- Attendance/sign-on register for all volunteers, staff and suppliers.
- Presentation ceremonies will be held, provided current restrictions allow.
- Advise all attendees to follow good hygiene measures such as, cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or a tissue, avoid touching face, eyes, nose and mouth, dispose of tissues hygienically.
- Limit spectator and support personnel numbers according to current limitations
- No congregating post finish line. No hugging, kissing or handshaking.
- Limit event centre infrastructure and services to comply with current restrictions.
- Cap maximum attendance numbers in accordance with state/ territory & local government directions.
- Review category start times to ensure no gathering of more than the allocated number of competitors. Start in waves, if necessary.
- Postpone the event/s if necessary.
Updated 07 July 2021