2020 Duo Classic Response to COVID-19 Risk
What is the Duo Classic planning in response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
The Duo Classic Events Team are regularly referencing the following resources in the planning and response to the COVID-19 risk and will actively introduce procedures and protocols to mitigate the COVID-19 risk.
- https://www.covid19.act.gov.au – for up-to-date information
- https://www.sport.act.gov.au/about-us/covid19-news – for up-to-date information
- https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert – for advice, facts, and general messaging to staff and participants
- https://www.mtba.org.au/club/covid-19/ for relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines
- https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/community/canberra-recovery – Canberra’s Recovery Plan
The Duo Classic Events Team have conducted an assessment of COVID-19 risks at the Duo Classic Kowen and we will be implementing the following additional mitigation strategies.
- Appoint a COVID SAFE Officer who will be responsible for ensuring that participants follow the COVID-19 guidelines. Where a participant fails to comply, they will be asked to leave the event.
- Add COVID SAFE practices to the Race Rules page on the event website.
- No on-the-day entries will be accepted.
- No formal presentation ceremony.
- The event schedule will be modified to ensure safe distancing of participants and staff is adhered to.
- Introduction of a mandatory virtual rider briefing to be viewed prior to the event.
- Introduction of a mandatory COVID-19 Rider Declaration/Health Screening Questionnaire to be completed within the 24-hour window prior to the event.
- Advise participants and staff to download the COVID Safe App.
Updated 20 October 2020